6 Apr 2nd 15-17 30
7 Apr 9th 18-19 26
8 Apr 16th 20-21 25
9 Apr 23rd 22-24 29
10 Apr 30th 25-26 27
11 May 7th 27-29 39
12 May 14th 30-End 28

Discussion Rules

• Please use spoiler tags for major events in the current chapter(s) and any content in future chapters.
  • When asking for help, please mention the chapter and page number. Also mention what version of the book you are reading.
  • Don’t be afraid of asking questions, even if they seem embarrassing at first. All of us are here to learn.
  • To you lurkers out there: Join the conversation, it’s fun!

Member List

Are you planning to read 薬屋のひとりごと 1 with the book club?

• Yes
  • Yes, but I might start late
  • Not sure
  • No

0 voters

If so, which version will you be reading?

• eBook
  • Paperback

0 voters

Proper Noun Readings

Proper Nouns
Name Reading Notes Proof
猫猫 マオマオ Main character Furigana

[/quote]

5 Likes

Random hi :durtle_hello: Almost forgot this book club is coming up in a few weeks - was looking through my bookmarks and found this thread.

Am looking forward to this book :eyes: :sparkles:

7 Likes

I’m hopefully going to put up the schedule today, too! Good random timing.

4 Likes

Aiming for 25-30 pages per week?

1 Like

Something like that. I was thinking a bit less for the first couple of weeks, though, so that people could get used to the setting.

4 Likes

That would be much appreciated!

2 Likes

I have managed to get that pace, except for the week before last, but I guess it’s fine.

5 Likes

Entire series is also available on website 薬屋のひとりごと and as pdf タテ書き小説ネット - 薬屋のひとりごと

2 Likes

That will be the web novel version, so there may be slight changes in style/formatting/sometimes plot or how it is presented.

An option if you’re still on the fence for sure. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I don’t remember for volume 1, but generally speaking some chapters are missing compared to the published version, some chapters have been merged, and some got extended.
There were also some minor edits to the text.
The plot is the same, though.

2 Likes

Good to know. Thanks! I already got the ebook and agree that hopefully the web version might convince people on the fence! (:

2 Likes

A friend of mine recommended this to me a while ago. I even bought it but haven’t gotten around to reading it, so this might be the perfect opportunity!

6 Likes

Hi guys! o/ I’m going to see if I can participate with this book; it’s been on my list for quite a while. Only thing that might slow me down is work, but hopefully I’ll be able to keep up and chat with everyone. :slight_smile:

I’ve been reading the manga as it comes out in English, so I’m pretty excited to read the OG.

The vocab list for Kusuriya also appears to be up on Koohi! I’m definitely going to see if I can check it out beforehand, make things a little easier to start with. Granted, I say that, but does anyone have any tips on getting the most out of Koohi? I’ve fiddled around with the site a little in the past, but never really got a good flow going.

9 Likes

Just got my copy and I’m officially in! It’s not something I would have thought to pick up myself but lately I’ve been hearing a lot of good things about it so I’m excited to give it a shot!

The first few weeks overlap with a bunch of other bookclubs so I’m hoping the ramp-up start keeps it manageable.

6 Likes

Just in time :slight_smile:

For those who might not be in the time (or do not know if they would like the book), the free ebook preview covers the first week and a half.
Based on titles alone, the web novel version seems to match the first 3 weeks as well.

6 Likes

A little bit early, but there’s no time like the present.
The first week is here!

8 Likes

If anyone was still mulling over whether to join – there’s a conveniently timed sale just for you on Bookwalker and Booklive: ~100 yen for this first volume (+ half off the rest of the series)

7 Likes

Muhh, bought it like 2 days ago. Anyway was just around 5 bucks so I think I’ll live. Thanks anyway for the information.

8 Likes

Same deal on Kindle for those who use that!

5 Likes

(Sorry for the double post, but)

These just came in today; I’m very pleased. :3

4 Likes