狐笛のかなた Chapter 2, Part 3 discussion

狐笛のかなた Home Thread

Chapter 2, Part 3: 呪者と守護者、光の筋を織る

Start Date: March 6th
Previous Week: Chapter 2, Part 1 & Chapter 2, Part 2
Next Week: Chapter 2, Part 4

Discussion Rules

• Please use spoiler tags for major events in the current chapter and any content in future chapters.
  • When asking for help, please mention the page number. If you are reading the ebook version mention the percentage.
  • Don’t be afraid of asking questions, even if they seem embarrassing at first. All of us are here to learn.
  • To you lurkers out there: Join the conversation, it’s fun! :durtle:

Read Aloud

We will be reading on Sundays at 9:00AM Eastern U.S. time (reading the previous week’s content). Here is the time in your local time zone:

2021-03-14T13:00:00Z

Participants

Mark your participation status by voting in this poll.

• I’m reading along
  • I’m still reading the book but I haven’t reached this part yet
  • I’m no longer reading the book

0 voters

If you’ve read ahead (or read the book before) but plan to participate, please vote for “I’m reading along”.

Well, now I understand the cover :sweat_smile:
They made it quite literal too.

2 Likes

This book has such a weird mix of kanji and kana. Early in this section there’s 生なましい, which I find so odd. I feel like both 生々しい and なまなましい would have made more sense. At least, this happens on my kindle version. I haven’t cross-referenced my physical copy yet.

2 Likes

I can’t imagine it’ll be much different. I also find it really odd to have the same word show in kana and then kanji, or the other way around, sometimes really close together. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

It’s the same in the physical version. It actually happens often in books aimed at elementary school students to not have the repeater. At the same time, this book contains really uncommon kanji, like, opening the book randomly, 怨み or 童.
So I guess it’s not an age thing and more the case that the author does not like the repeater :joy:

4 Likes

The second half of this chapter was pretty interesting. Hopefully the pace will pick up a bit going forward.

1 Like

I’m actually enjoying the world building. :face_with_hand_over_mouth: It might just be me, but it feels much more straight forward than 獣’s. But I’m also expecting the focus to shift soon, since we are almost half way through the book already.

3 Likes