涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱 Home Thread

Chapter 6 (1/3)

Suzumiya

Start Date: September 28th
Previous Thread: Week 13
Next Thread: Week 15

Week 13 Reading: Chapter 6 (1/3)
Until p.218 (合間の休み時間に食ったけどな。)

Word lists - Learn the vocabulary for 涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱!

Discord Reading

(Direct link to discord server)

Discussion Rules

• Please use spoiler tags for major events in the current chapter(s) and any content in future chapters.
  • When asking for help, please mention the chapter and page number. Also mention what version of the book you are reading.
  • Don’t be afraid of asking questions, even if they seem embarassing at first. All of us are here to learn.
  • To you lurkers out there: Join the conversation, it’s fun! :durtle:

Participants

Mark your participation status by voting in this poll.

• I’m reading along
  • I’m still reading the book but I haven’t reached this part yet
  • I’m no longer reading the book
  • I’m skipping this book

0 voters

2 Likes

Just when I was going to comment something like, ‘so I’m caught up for like however many hours until the next thread goes up’, here it is. :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Still behind but pushing through. Now that more of the characters are appearing and there’s more dialog, I’m speeding up. :open_mouth:

5 Likes

I was surprised by how fast I finished the reading this week.

Oh, yes, showing you boobs in order to confirm your identity, happens all the time. Definitely no other way to do that. I guess キョン can now live happy knowing that he will at least get to see boobs once more before some alien or whatever finally manages to kill him.
Not sure what to think about みくる remembering the dress fondly.
Now that we have seen the robot girl manipulating space and the time traveler coming from the future maybe we will get to see 古泉 in action soon?
I mean if ハルヒ snooping around way too much doesn’t get them all in trouble first.

4 Likes

All caught up! :partying_face: The new week’s not out yet either~ life is good :smiley:

So there was another boob scene, but it didn’t leave such a bad aftertaste this time at least. Made me wonder if キョン was actually gonna see them - or if he only saw them because he told her he’d seen that mark. I’m thinking the day he saw it that made him remember it is this day, and only because he remembered it later was he able to see it - I’m not explaining my thoughts very well, I hope it’s somewhat understandable.

I’m definitely also reading this faster nowadays. This weeks part was like 80 percent dialogue, that always helps.

3 Likes

I’m too busy reading 魔法少女育成計画.
That book is eating my guts :exploding_head:

New thread will be up tomorrow.

3 Likes

Haha yeah, I’ve been following the non spoilery parts of that thread. :smiley:

Seemed to have been a read that provoked a reaction, which is something.

And I certainly don’t mind being able to vote ‘reading along’ for once on Haruhi! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I just started the Wanikani regiment. Around what level should you try to proactively read?

Personally I’m focusing on learning about 200-300 basic kanji before I start, but I do watch Netflix with j subtitles :stuck_out_tongue:

Don’t think of levels. Whenever you feel like you can start, start, the sooner the better. If it’s too hard when you do, maybe move to an easier book for a while. Well the start will always be a bit hard though. (This is the intermediate club, there are other clubs you can check too)

2 Likes