本好きの下剋上: Volume 3, Week 3 discussion

Join the Advanced Book Club here!

本好きの下剋上 Home Thread

Week 23

Start Date: January 23rd
Previous week: Week 22
Next week: Week 24

Reading:

Chapters 7-9 (ルッツの家庭教師, オットー相談室, 家族会議, 35 pages/ 8%)

Discussion Rules

• Please use spoiler tags for major events in the current chapter(s) and any content in future chapters.
  • When asking for help, please mention the chapter and page number. Also mention what version of the book you are reading.
  • Don’t be afraid of asking questions, even if they seem embarrassing at first. All of us are here to learn.
  • To you lurkers out there: Join the conversation, it’s fun! :books:

Participants

Mark your participation status by voting in this poll.

• I’m reading along
  • I have finished this part
  • I’m still reading the book but haven’t reached that part yet
  • I’m skipping this book

0 voters

2 Likes

Lots of stuff in this week reading

This week spoiler

Mayne’s mom is really nice to Lutz. She does not judge him or force him into something he doesn’t like, like some annoying Carla. I know I’m annoying with that but I just hate Carla.
The last chapter was sad. Talk about spoiling the nice mood. Otto is gonna have trouble the next time he see Gunther. Seemed like Gunther did not like the mention of Otto in the conversation.

You’ll know that from book… 7-ish? It feels like book 7. Let me check.
Nope, it’s from the epilogue of book 5. Anyway.

A bit more, I think? His salary is like 1 large silver coin per month, so that’s 1.2 small gold coin per year. But yeah, she earned in a short amount of time 2.5 years of is salary, just before spending 2 years in one shot :stuck_out_tongue:

Wait just one more week. Or, specifically, chapter.

2 Likes

That’s basically the worst place to stop. Why couldn’t they just go one book further and finish the arc?
Apparently they are planning a 3rd season, so okay, I guess it’s possible to bundle it as a prologue of the third arc.

1 Like