月刊少女野崎くん 🖌️ (Beginner Book Club) ・ Volume 1

I’m trying to read something every day, and since I dropped the only book I was reading yesterday, I had to find something new for today. And so I already started with this and finished the first chapter!

I remember really enjoying the anime back then, and so far it’s off to a good start. I can’t wait for the secondary characters to be introduced. :smile:

(And man, the covers of this manga are absolutely fantastic. Great composition and use of color.)

12 Likes

Nozaki-kun! I’ve read a few volumes of this in Japanese already, but I don’t mind giving the first volume a reread. Glad I caught this before the club started! :grin:

10 Likes

I wanted to add some vocab to the vocab sheet, but what does Page(PB) and Page(HC) mean?
Actually at first I thought I was on the wrong sheet… But I don’t think that’s the case? :laughing:

4 Likes

Paperback and hardcover, maybe?

But I don’t know that would apply for a manga.

4 Likes

Ah bother, I forgot to remove that extra column from the template when I copied it. Should be all fixed now :grin:

5 Likes

And we’re off! :grin:

12 Likes
7 Likes

Just finished chapter 1 but I’ve realised how little time I have with exams coming up in a few days. Unfortunately I’ll have to drop this one but luckily we’ll be starting Komi Can’t Communicate shortly after I’m done (which I’m quite looking forward to) so make sure not to start without me :grin:

4 Likes
6 Likes
6 Likes

Last week! Well done to all who have made it this far :grin:

7 Likes

Thanks so much for running the club @Phryne! I had fun and also finally figured out the best way (for myself) to make use of the vocab lists!

Is anyone else interested in continuing the series? Maybe an informal, unscheduled, one-thread-per-volume affair? This is me volunteering to lead I guess. :grin:

12 Likes

I want to keep reading. Thanks for volunteering!

3 Likes

I would also be interested in joining :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I am also interested in joining.

5 Likes

I already have the second volume, I’d join in!

4 Likes

I am massively behind on this but I’m sure I can try and catch up if it’s continuing since i would like to carry on too😅

3 Likes

I just found this post - I’m going to start today and hopefully catch up with everyone before the book club finishes this book, so I can start the next book on time with everyone :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I’d love to join in then ^^

5 Likes

So sad that I just discovered this thread even though I have the whole set and have been reading the first book in my own time! Would love to continue to volume 2!!

5 Likes