文プロ(Bunpro): オノマトペ Deck - April 8th, 2024 - Japanese Grammar and Vocab SRS

Appreciate the feedback! We are actually already in the process of overhauling it and have version 1 mockups we are polishing. If you are interested, I would be happy to show them to you in advance if you are willing to give some feedback on them (or anyone else who is interested :smiley: )!

3 Likes

I’d be interested to try them out - I’m using both Opera (on Mac OS High Sierra) and Safari (on Mac OS Mojave). (got the same screen name on bunpro)

1 Like

Appreciate the feedback! We are actually already in the process of overhauling it and have version 1 mockups we are polishing. If you are interested, I would be happy to show them to you in advance if you are willing to give some feedback on them (or anyone else who is interested :smiley: )!

Sure, I’d be up for that. If you have a figma/sketch link, you could post here or email me at my wanikani username + at + gmail + .com

1 Like

N1 Lesson 9

を禁じ得ない -cannot help feeling, cannot but, cannot hold back
にかこつけて - in the name of, using the excuse of, to use as a pretext of, under the guise/pretense of
ようによっては - depending on the way, depending on how
べくもない - no (doubt/hope), there is no way, it is impossible, not a hope in hell

This is the final batch for Lesson 9. We will release a weekly batch of N1 Lesson 10.
The final batch of what we consider the “core” of N1 will be released on September 3rd.

We will still add more to N1 and we will also start adding in what we are calling Utility Grammar, stuff above N1 (aka NZero :stuck_out_tongue: ), slang grammar, Kansai-ben and other dialects.

Plus all the other content we have planned :smiley:

17 Likes

N1 Lesson 10

せずにはすまない - won’t get away without, won’t get off without, have to, have no choice but to, can’t not
に堪えない - cannot bear to, cannot stand to, too much to, cannot go on doing, cannot tolerate
始末だ - ends up, finally, in the end, (unfortunately) as a result, this is what happened, to come about, to wind up
ものなら・もんなら - if you were to do, if you try to, if … happens, should there be

16 Likes

Would you consider N5-N2 to be essentially done?

2 Likes

Yep! And N1 is 90% done.

We still have lots we want to do to improve and expand upon (like adding more examples, adjusting existing grammar and filling in lesser know grammar)

14 Likes

New N3 Reading

In total there are 30 new reading passages (3 per level) that are a good mix of conversations and longer articles.

Utilizing N3 grammar and vocab let us write a lot of interesting and more involved passages with a few challenging ones in lessons 8, 9 and 10.

Reading Passages Link

As always we would love to hear any feedback you have on this, or other new content we are constantly adding to Bunpro!

16 Likes

Here is an example of one of the Reading Passages in both modes:

Horizontal

Vertical

15 Likes

Kanji Answers

Bunpro now shows kanji not only on the accepted answer, but also on all alternate grammar that can be cycled for the current grammar point.

We also had a ton of smaller changes and bug fixes. If you are curious on the details you can read about it in full here!

16 Likes

N1 Lesson 10 Batch 2/3

にひきかえ - In stark contrast, In comparison, On the other hand, While, In sharp contrast
それまでだ - if… then It is all in vain, it’s done, it is useless, no point, it is a waste, that’s it, it is all gone
といおうか - how to put it, how shall I put it, how should I put it, or perhaps, or maybe, call it … or
ずにはおかない - will definitely, will certainly, bound to, not fail to

Sorry for the delay on the last bit of N1. N3 readings were done earlier than expected last week and we chose to release those instead. The last batch of N1 L10 will be released this coming weekend.

We still have extra miscellaneous grammar that we think should go into N1 as well as lower levels, so we will keep releasing more grammar each week.

18 Likes

Colorblind Assistance Option

There is now a setting in your “Styling” settings to make review answer red-green colorblind friendly.

Off (Default):

On

In the future we will move this and font-size to an “Accessibility” tab in settings. If there are other accessibility settings or changes to make using Bunpro easier for you, please don’t hesitate to let us know.

Reading Passage Features

Reading Passages now have checkboxes that allow you to track which ones you have read.
They also allow you to toggle the Notes portion of the passage to see the annotations we have added without toggling the English translation.

10 Likes

The Reading Passage Feature is definitely a nice - addition. I have a quick question though, would it be possible to have something change on the main “Reading Practice” screen if all texts are marked as read?

Quick mock-up of what I mean :

Current situation

Suggestion :

Either way, thank you all for a lot of improvements of late ^^

1 Like

Whoa, when were passages added? I haven’t used Bunpro for a while now.

3 Likes

They’ve started adding them… I think around the start of Summer if memory serves me well, N3 has been added a few weeks ago and I believe N2 was going to be released relatively soon too.

3 Likes

That is a great idea! Thanks for suggesting it.

@jacobalbano @BrunoCaesarBIue is correct. We started adding them a couple months ago. There are 30 level specific reading passages for N5, N4 and N3 (N2+ is underway). They use the grammar and vocab specific to each level as well as to the lesson they are at.

There are some cool features like highlighting the grammar, a vertical reading mode, and annotations giving a bit more info about the nuance or why we translated things the way we did!

5 Likes

43 new N1 grammar points have just had audio added to them, and are live right now! The new audio covers all the way up to が早いか, which is the 11th grammar point in Lesson 9. This means that there are only a few grammar points that are yet to be recorded!

For the people that would like to download and use the audio files simply for listening practice, as always they can be found freely available here:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/12aGTqWDqlm9BNxOYQugo2WesTBMAEsYp?usp=sharing

15 Likes

Thanks again for the suggestion to have a way to track which lessons are complete. It has been added to the site!

3 Likes

Brillant! Thanks a lot :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

N1 Lesson 10 Batch 3/3

を限りに - As of (the end of), (Starting) from, (No longer) after, By (the), Ending with
てはかなわない - It’s unbearable when, It’d be unbearable if, I can’t stand it when, I couldn’t stand it if
かたがた - Partly for (the purpose of), In addition to, Along with, By the way, And also to, Incidentally, While
を余儀なくさせる - Force to, To compel, Make unavoidable

This is the last batch of N1 L10!

With this, we have officially completed what we consider the core of JLPT N1 grammar.
We still have more work that we will continue (adding other grammar, adding more sentences, and adding audio) but this is a milestone we have been working toward for awhile and have finally achieved! :tada: :tada:

26 Likes