授乳 🤱 Book Club

It worked! Here I am. Just snagged the book on Kindle so I can join you guys next week. I don’t actually need to add more to my reading load, but this seemed interesting and with an average weekly page count of ~11 or so, I think I’ll be alright. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

7 Likes

Well, I’m a bit torn. There’s twice as many people happy to continue without a break, but I also want to be as inclusive as possible. @DasOcean, @AmomentOfMusic and @NyappyTiramisu, please let me know if starting on Aug 14 causes insurmountable problems for you. Otherwise, I propose we start as scheduled on Aug 14.

5 Likes

I have two busy weeks ahead of me so I might fall behind already but it’s fine by me if we start on Aug 14, I’m sure I’ll be able to catch up :+1:

5 Likes

I should be fine - the extra would have just helped get to the point where I’m not running my usual 2-3 days behind. But this week’s reading is on the shorter side, so pretty sure I’ll be ready to go for next!

5 Likes

It’s fine for me, it actually turned out I have a bit more time on my hand to catch up/finish 殺人出産 so starting on 14th shouldn’t be a huge issue!

3 Likes

Thanks, I am happy August 14th works for you as well :blush:

Then off we go!

10 Likes
3 Likes
3 Likes

Seems like I forgot to post the link here for the past two weeks! :sweat_smile:

2 Likes
4 Likes

So, the IBC starts 地球星人 on 27 November. For those of us who plan to read it there would be two weeks of overlap in our final 授乳 story:

16 Oct 御伽の部屋 138 1321 ルールなのだった。 13
23 Oct 御伽の部屋 150 1443 ことがわかった。 12
30 Oct 御伽の部屋 163 1590 かくことが出来た。 13
6 Nov 御伽の部屋 176 1731 特に何も言ってこなかった。 13
13 Nov 御伽の部屋 186 1835 とだけ答えた。 10
20 Nov 御伽の部屋 199 1974 ばかり眺めていた。 13
27 Nov 御伽の部屋 214 2131 と繰り返した。 15
4 Dec 御伽の部屋 227 2273 end of story 13

What is the best way to deal with this? I can see three options:

• Leave it as is and deal with two weeks of double Murata.
  • Post threads for the last three weeks on Nov 20th, so those who object to double Murata can finish ahead of schedule.
  • Speed up 御伽の部屋 so that we read it in 6 weeks.

Does anyone have other ideas? Maybe we should examine how many of us consider it a problem in the first place:

Would two weeks of double Murata be a problem for you?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

3 Likes

I think it’s a good plan to post the threads for those who want the option, but two weeks overlap is fine by me.

4 Likes

I’m planning to finish 授乳 before I start a new 村田, but I’m fine with any of these options. If most of you are okay with reading double, I don’t think there’s a need to speed up the schedule. Posting the chapter theads early seems like a nice compromise instead. :+1:

4 Likes

‘Problem’ is a bit of a strong word, it’s more of a preference to me to speed things up here. But if the majority is fine with the overlap that’s okay for me, I’ll probably just start Earthlings two weeks later then and catch up somewhere along the way :+1:

4 Likes

I voted “no problem”, but speeding up is also fine by me.

3 Likes

I voted “no problem” as well, but that’s just personal preference and it wouldn’t be an issue for me to speed up.

4 Likes

Honestly after sleeping on it I think I’d rather speed things up. So I changed my vote but either is ok.

4 Likes

Seems like a lot of people prefer speeding up, or are at least happy enough with it. Any objections? Speak now or forever hold your peace :grin:

4 Likes

Time to finish the penultimate story!

2 Likes