授乳 🤱 Book Club ・ Week 9

So, all in all, I liked it, more than the previous story. The much easier language was a nice surprise too, I expected to struggle throughout the whole book :stuck_out_tongue:

But I think I appreciate better the Murata’s stories which end with protagonist getting herself (I don’t think I saw a non-female protag yet) a nice safe space in society where she can happily live her life and her weird quirks are okay in the end. Revenge stories are also satisfying.
Therefore, I’m not fully happy with the conclusion that the toys were detrimental for the girls :disappointed_relieved: What is worse, that it’s impossible for protag to change her life and she’s destined to be… possessed?

Nevertheless, it’s always a pleasure to get all these non-typical weird characters, because the world always feels a little more spacious to me after reading Murata’s work :sparkles:

Also, I know it’s a Week 5 quote, but I wanted to include it in my summary… my first reaction to this was “but it’s so sad and fakey and cold and not a genuine relationship”… and the second reaction was “eh but i guess it’s one of these society rules …i don’t get it, but i need to remember to remember it better” :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes