|Next week|Click!|
|Home thread|Click!||

How is the reading going?
  • I am reading along
  • I am catching up
  • I am dropping this book

0 voters

Vocabulary

Please read the guidelines on the first page before adding any words.

Discussion questions

1. What sentence/passage gave you the most difficulty? Feel free to request some help, or if you figured it out on your own break it down for the rest of us!
  2. What was your favorite new vocab word from this week’s reading?
  3. Was there any passage that you found particularly intriguing? Did it resonate with you (either positively or negatively)? Was it surprising? Offer any insight or new perspective? Was it just beautifully written?

Hah, I expected the narrator’s 8pm activities to be much worse than that. But then Misako came along and delivered some proper weirdness with her pet feeding activities :smiley:

Also, am I imagining things or is the narrator using slightly less kanji than usual? I found several verbs of the form [V]込む or [V]出す that were written in kana only. Not that that’s too unusual but somehow it stood out to me in this story. Maybe that plus the use of あたし is supposed to give her a more childish vibe? Though she does seem relatively mature when contrasted with Misako at least :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

It’s fascinating how Misako’s bizarre behaviour is acting like a mirror for our protagonist. Might it force her to come to any realisations? :thinking: We’ll see!

6 Likes

For some reason I forgot this story still has three more weeks! I like these characters and the weirdness and I’m glad we get more of it. Misako’s disgusting and weirdly specific way of feeding Muta is great.

7 Likes

What a finish to the reading for this week! I also thought the narrator did less wholesome things at 8pm, so that was pretty surprising. My guess for the scene with Misako is that the boy may have touched ムータ in some way, probably just so he could sit in the chair or something. Whatever it was, though, the girl has some serious issues. Excited to see where the story goes from here!

1 Like