大海原と大海原 ・Wadanohara and the Great Blue Sea Volume 3 Off-Shoot Club Chapter 9 Thread

Welcome to the Wadanohara Off-Shoot Book Club for Volume 3 Chapter 9 Thread!

This book club is for people who want to continue reading Wadanohara, which we started with the absolute beginners book club.
The homethread for the first volume is located here-> Volume 1 Homethread
The homethread for the second volume is located here-> Volume 2 Homethread
The homethread for the third volume is located here-> Volume 3 Homethread

Volume 3 Summary

Long-awaited by fans all over the world! The creator himself made a comic of the undersea pure love RPG !!

The Sea Empire, the birthplace of the sea witch “Wadanohara”, has been invaded by the Totsusa Empire. But when the Princess of the Sea Empire is attacked by the Princess of the Usagi Empire, she is forced to fight back - but after much thought, the two are reconciled.
Far away, Samekichi, a former familiar of Wadanohara, is thinking: “I’m sure I’ll be able to protect you.”
What is the true meaning of Samekichi’s thought?
Now, all the truth will be revealed.

Schedule

Start Date Chapter Page Numbers Page Count
Feb 5th Chapter 1 2 to 32 31
Feb 12th Chapter 2 36 to 56 21
Feb 19th Chapter 3 60 to 86 27
Feb 26th Chapter 4 90 to 118 29
Mar 5th Chapter 5 122 to 148 27
Mar 12th Chapter 6 152 to 174 23
Mar 19th Chapter 7 178 to 196 19
Mar 26th Chapter 8 200 to 226 27
Apr 2nd Chapter 9 230 to 250 21
Apr 9th Chapter 10 254 to 280 27
Apr 16th Last Chapter 284 to 320 37

There are two bonus pages at the end of each chapter, which I did not include in the page count.

Please note: There are no page numbers, so I simply assigned them starting from the first page.

Where to read the book

This volume is ONLY available online at pixiv.net. Here are the links to all chapters:

Vocab

RULES, How to contribute to this vocab sheet: The more people contribute to the vocab sheet the more helpful it is for everyone, so please don’t feel shy about adding to it!

Participants

How is your reading going?
  • I’m reading with the schedule
  • I’m a bit behind
  • I’m gonna catch up later
  • I’m no longer reading

0 voters

2 Likes

2e5088bdfca195d3dd2f2b06fd21bc85

5 Likes
Don't read this until after you've finished the chapter

You might have thought that these pages seem familiar, like you’ve read them before:

Well, that’s because you actually have read them before.
Do you remember the first pages of Vol 1 Chapter 1?

This is the exact same scene with more context. Hopefully you now understand why it was so difficult to understand what was going on back then and why it was so difficult to explain it without giving away almost the entire plot.

5 Likes

What a chapter! So many emotions! I really enjoy that the story seems to reach its climax soon!

I have a few questions left:

Page 232

I’m a bit confused about location and story tbh. Last time we saw Mikotu-Hime, she was in a battle with Uomi-Hime. I suppose she retreated to this gate after sustaining some serious wounds? Is this gate we see a gate to the sea of death? Is she going back? Or is she dying? Maybe both?

Page 235

S235_2
My translation of the second part is: Did you need to do it? I was wondering if this can only be interpreted as Wadanohara thinking that someone is forcing Shyake to do it (so someone is threating him or something), or if it can also imply that she thinks that he just felt that he had no choice but to do it (meaning he is convinced that this is the only way to go, he had no other options), without someone threatining him.

Page 241

S241_1
When was he injured? Did he kill himself? With the sword?

Page 242

Does this actually mean something or are these just sounds?

Thanks!

3 Likes

I wouldn’t have noticed! Thanks for sharing! :smiley:

1 Like
page 232

Yes, that’s the gate that leads to the Sea of Death.

Both, I think.

page 235

It’s more like she’s modifying her previous question. Instead of “why did you do it?” it’s “why did you have to do it?”

I think this is probably closer to what she was going for, since there’s no indication he’s being threatened by anyone and by all accounts he did everything of his own volition.

page 241

I think he’s just doing more of the ‘blood from the eyes’ thing like he did in Chapter 1.

page 242

It’s not supposed to mean anything coherent. げほげほ is the sound for a wet cough.

5 Likes

Wow, it’s a long book but only two chapters left after this! So excited to see how this wraps up. The conclusion in the second volume was so quick, it’s seeming like this will be similar.

Thanks for the questions. I had a lot of the same ones, particularly what happened to Syake on page 241.

2 Likes

The thread to Chapter 10 is up!