大海原と大海原 ・Wadanohara and the Great Blue Sea Volume 3 Off-Shoot Club Chapter 7 Thread

Welcome to the Wadanohara Off-Shoot Book Club for Volume 3 Chapter 7 Thread!

This book club is for people who want to continue reading Wadanohara, which we started with the absolute beginners book club.
The homethread for the first volume is located here-> Volume 1 Homethread
The homethread for the second volume is located here-> Volume 2 Homethread
The homethread for the third volume is located here-> Volume 3 Homethread

Volume 3 Summary

Long-awaited by fans all over the world! The creator himself made a comic of the undersea pure love RPG !!

The Sea Empire, the birthplace of the sea witch “Wadanohara”, has been invaded by the Totsusa Empire. But when the Princess of the Sea Empire is attacked by the Princess of the Usagi Empire, she is forced to fight back - but after much thought, the two are reconciled.
Far away, Samekichi, a former familiar of Wadanohara, is thinking: “I’m sure I’ll be able to protect you.”
What is the true meaning of Samekichi’s thought?
Now, all the truth will be revealed.

Schedule

Start Date Chapter Page Numbers Page Count
Feb 5th Chapter 1 2 to 32 31
Feb 12th Chapter 2 36 to 56 21
Feb 19th Chapter 3 60 to 86 27
Feb 26th Chapter 4 90 to 118 29
Mar 5th Chapter 5 122 to 148 27
Mar 12th Chapter 6 152 to 174 23
Mar 19th Chapter 7 178 to 196 19
Mar 26th Chapter 8 200 to 226 27
Apr 2nd Chapter 9 230 to 250 21
Apr 9th Chapter 10 254 to 280 27
Apr 16th Last Chapter 284 to 320 37

There are two bonus pages at the end of each chapter, which I did not include in the page count.

Please note: There are no page numbers, so I simply assigned them starting from the first page.

Where to read the book

This volume is ONLY available online at pixiv.net. Here are the links to all chapters:

Vocab

RULES, How to contribute to this vocab sheet: The more people contribute to the vocab sheet the more helpful it is for everyone, so please don’t feel shy about adding to it!

Participants

How is your reading going?
  • I’m reading with the schedule
  • I’m a bit behind
  • I’m gonna catch up later
  • I’m no longer reading

0 voters

1 Like

tumblr_inline_pb47gwItLB1ugnadr_540

4 Likes

Don’t even need to read the chapter when we have your memes haha

バカバカしい

So, I accidentally read this chapter before chapter 6 and it’s funny I didn’t find it weird at all for wadanohara to randomly be calling out to samekichi (I didn’t really remember exactly how chapter 5 had ended either). I then read chapter 6 and it made more sense :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Finished this week’s chapter! It wasn’t too hard. :muscle: I mainly have some story-related questions left:

Grammar/vocab question

Page 158

I’m not quite sure how to fit 本当に into this sentence. I am torn between: Do you really understand? and Do you understand reality (meaning: Do you understand what is happening). With my first translation I’m not quite sure what Fukami is supposed to “really understand” (his feelings? Wadanohara’s feelings? What is going on? The fight?) and my second translation generally seems a bit off tbh…
Is there maybe a better way to translate this panel?

Story related questions:

Page 155-156

S155-156_1.PNG
First I wanna say: What a cool page! My question: Is the hand we see in the panel at the left bottom the hand of the sea god? And is the creature we see on the upper panel the sea god as well? Or is this some kind of attack from Uomi-Hime?

Page 160

I translate this as: You are a person of this side. You are the same as us. Which then make me wonder: Does he mean that literally? Meaning that Fukami is actually from the sea of death?! If so: how did he escape? Or is it more of an implication: You are just like us, you belong to this side. ?

Page 166

I’ve gone back a couple of pages, but I’m actually still not sure what Fukami’s wish is… He seems to feel envy, he seems to want to be by Wadanohara’s side. He maybe wants to be just as important to Wadanohara as Samekichi is. All of this still seems to be within reach, even if he chooses to stay on the good side. He also says, that even if his wishes were to come true that wouldn’t make Wadanohara happy. But wouldn’t part of his wish be that Wadanohara wants him by her side and consequently would be happy for him to be by her side? Any thoughts?

Thanks!

2 Likes
page 158

It’s not 本当に, it’s 本当は. 本当は means something like ‘actually’ or ‘really’ ‘the truth is’. So in this in case, it’s something like ‘the truth is that you understand, don’t you?’. It’s like on the next page, 本当はほしいだろう doesn’t mean ‘you want the truth, don’t you?’, it means ‘you really want it, don’t you?’

As for what he’s supposed to understand, given the context it’s probably that Fukami emphasizes with how the Sea of Death denizens feel.

page 115-156

It’s the Sea King. It’s the same hand shown for him in the previous chapters. Honestly, though, it’s kind of ambiguous what exactly happened to Mikotsu here even in the original game.
[/page]

page 160

It’s an implication. The point of the whole conversation is to try to convince Fukami to betray Wadanohara.

page 166

…You sure about that? There’s a reason I posted the meme that I did, after all.

4 Likes
Page 166

Well… I kinda wanna believe in a world where Wadanohara likes all her familiars the same :sweat_smile: Then everyone can be equally happy.

1 Like
page 166

Thing is, that’s not what Fukami wants. And that’s why he’s jealous.

4 Likes

The thread to chapter 8 is up!