大海原と大海原 ・Wadanohara and the Great Blue Sea Volume 3 Off-Shoot Club Chapter 6 Thread

Welcome to the Wadanohara Off-Shoot Book Club for Volume 3 Chapter 6 Thread!

This book club is for people who want to continue reading Wadanohara, which we started with the absolute beginners book club.
The homethread for the first volume is located here-> Volume 1 Homethread
The homethread for the second volume is located here-> Volume 2 Homethread
The homethread for the third volume is located here-> Volume 3 Homethread

Volume 3 Summary

Long-awaited by fans all over the world! The creator himself made a comic of the undersea pure love RPG !!

The Sea Empire, the birthplace of the sea witch “Wadanohara”, has been invaded by the Totsusa Empire. But when the Princess of the Sea Empire is attacked by the Princess of the Usagi Empire, she is forced to fight back - but after much thought, the two are reconciled.
Far away, Samekichi, a former familiar of Wadanohara, is thinking: “I’m sure I’ll be able to protect you.”
What is the true meaning of Samekichi’s thought?
Now, all the truth will be revealed.

Schedule

Start Date Chapter Page Numbers Page Count
Feb 5th Chapter 1 2 to 32 31
Feb 12th Chapter 2 36 to 56 21
Feb 19th Chapter 3 60 to 86 27
Feb 26th Chapter 4 90 to 118 29
Mar 5th Chapter 5 122 to 148 27
Mar 12th Chapter 6 152 to 174 23
Mar 19th Chapter 7 178 to 196 19
Mar 26th Chapter 8 200 to 226 27
Apr 2nd Chapter 9 230 to 250 21
Apr 9th Chapter 10 254 to 280 27
Apr 16th Last Chapter 284 to 320 37

There are two bonus pages at the end of each chapter, which I did not include in the page count.

Please note: There are no page numbers, so I simply assigned them starting from the first page.

Where to read the book

This volume is ONLY available online at pixiv.net. Here are the links to all chapters:

Vocab

RULES, How to contribute to this vocab sheet: The more people contribute to the vocab sheet the more helpful it is for everyone, so please don’t feel shy about adding to it!

Participants

How is your reading going?
  • I’m reading with the schedule
  • I’m a bit behind
  • I’m gonna catch up later
  • I’m no longer reading

0 voters

1 Like

Did my reading early this week! Curious to see if Orca turns out to be acutally good or still bad! In any case he seems to be quite strong (or overpowered one might say) :rofl:

Not counting the first page, the chapter was fairly easy to read for me. My remaining questions this week:

Grammar/vocab related questions

Page 165

S165_1
I don’t understand the use of negative here. In the previous panel ヘリカ screamingly wants to know why Tousa is now an ally to them. I believe that in the panel shown both speech bubbles belong to Tousa and in the first she is saying: Like I said, I’m not saying! But then she proceeds to tell them anyways (she is doing it to apologize and fix her relationship with umi-chan). That to me seems like a contradiction… That’s why I was wondering, if this is some kind of special use of negative again, where the meaning is actually positive? (then the tranlation would be something like I’ll tell you!, which would make more sense to me…)

Page 170

S170_1
Who is talking? Same-kichi? Does he say Don’t stay… If so: Why does he not use imperative form? My other guess is that this is Wadanohara speaking and that she is saying 以内 (inside, within). So basically: (He went) inside. But I’m unsure if 以内 can be used as a stand-alone phrase like that…

Story questions

Page 162

My interpretation of this panel: Meikai (whose spirit is part of/in the staff?) is talking to Orudo and only Orudo hears it. Is that correct?

Page 171-172

Is Fukami slowly but surely loosing his mind because of his jelousy towards Same-kichi? I suppose the sea of death is feeding on negative feelings and increases them? Until the “victims” slowly loose their mind and only dwell in their negative feelings? Is this interpretation somewhat accurate?

Thanks! And a huge thank you again to vocab-sheet contributors! :pray:

1 Like

shark

4 Likes
Page 165

Not sure if it helps, but here’s how I like to think about these kind of negatives.
If she were saying “I’m not saying!” it would be:

だから言ってない! => literally ‘That’s why I’m not saying (it)’

Instead, her dialogue is:
だから言っている ではない!
だから言っている => ‘That’s why I’m saying (it)’
ではない => ‘isn’t it?’ Or in this case “am I not?”

In this case “it” refers to the text in the next panel; that she apologized to Umi-chan and they reconciled.

Page 170

Yeah I found this scene pretty confusing too so I’m not sure… it seems to me that Samekichi goes through this door, but the next moment Wadanohara looks through the same door there’s just a void… so I think she’s muttering “いない” as in “he’s gone” or “he’s disappeared”.

Page 162

Not sure either, but my interpretation was that Orudo looks at Wadanohara holding the same staff Meikai used to have, and he internally loses his will to fight her. I thought the 馬鹿馬鹿しい was just him trying to act tough and call the whole situation ridiculous/dumb. In the next panel he acts fed up and leaves.

I am also confused about pages 171-172 …

6 Likes

No comment on page 171-172 at this time. Keep reading and find out.

3 Likes

Here is the link to the Chapter 7 thread.