大海原と大海原 ・Wadanohara and the Great Blue Sea Volume 3 Off-Shoot Club Chapter 4 Thread

Welcome to the Wadanohara Off-Shoot Book Club for Volume 3 Chapter 4 Thread!

This book club is for people who want to continue reading Wadanohara, which we started with the absolute beginners book club.
The homethread for the first volume is located here-> Volume 1 Homethread
The homethread for the second volume is located here-> Volume 2 Homethread
The homethread for the third volume is located here-> Volume 3 Homethread

Volume 3 Summary

Long-awaited by fans all over the world! The creator himself made a comic of the undersea pure love RPG !!

The Sea Empire, the birthplace of the sea witch “Wadanohara”, has been invaded by the Totsusa Empire. But when the Princess of the Sea Empire is attacked by the Princess of the Usagi Empire, she is forced to fight back - but after much thought, the two are reconciled.
Far away, Samekichi, a former familiar of Wadanohara, is thinking: “I’m sure I’ll be able to protect you.”
What is the true meaning of Samekichi’s thought?
Now, all the truth will be revealed.

Schedule

Start Date Chapter Page Numbers Page Count
Feb 5th Chapter 1 2 to 32 31
Feb 12th Chapter 2 36 to 56 21
Feb 19th Chapter 3 60 to 86 27
Feb 26th Chapter 4 90 to 118 29
Mar 5th Chapter 5 122 to 148 27
Mar 12th Chapter 6 152 to 174 23
Mar 19th Chapter 7 178 to 196 19
Mar 26th Chapter 8 200 to 226 27
Apr 2nd Chapter 9 230 to 250 21
Apr 9th Chapter 10 254 to 280 27
Apr 16th Last Chapter 284 to 320 37

There are two bonus pages at the end of each chapter, which I did not include in the page count.

Please note: There are no page numbers, so I simply assigned them starting from the first page.

Where to read the book

This volume is ONLY available online at pixiv.net. Here are the links to all chapters:

Vocab

RULES, How to contribute to this vocab sheet: The more people contribute to the vocab sheet the more helpful it is for everyone, so please don’t feel shy about adding to it!

Participants

How is your reading going?
  • I’m reading with the schedule
  • I’m a bit behind
  • I’m gonna catch up later
  • I’m no longer reading

0 voters

2 Likes

597deb9a30ecad23cea1369b9e6272ee

3 Likes

Finished this week’s reading! There was far less dialogue than last week, so it was a pretty quick read! :smiley:
I have a few questions left

Page 111

Am I correct, that in the second part Shaken is saying: The princess welcomes you! But what is he referring to? Does he mean welcome in the sense that Wadanohara was pulled in this weird dream world?

Page 113

Edit: Never mind, I just misread the kanji…

Not sure what Fukami is saying here… Mainly, I don’t know what かったんだろう means. What I have so far:
恐らく魚海姫のもとへ: Probably twords the position of Uomi-Hime
何かったんだろう: something ???, it seems.
Any suggestions?

Story questions page 105-109

I’m a bit confused what is happening… What I think is happening: Mikotu-Hime attacked Wadanohara by deteriorating her mind. So first Wadanohara finds herself in a peaceful setting, where she is informed that she dozed of again. She then states that she feels as if she has forgotten something important to which her familiars answer that there is no need to worry, she probably just had a bad dream. Then page 107 happens… Is Wadanohara seeing her “new” surroundings (the eyes and her dead familiars)? Is she aware? Is that the “bad dream” she thinks she is having? And why is this the place she is supposed to be? (page 108)? And then page 109: Who is talking? Is Mikotsu-Hime saying: Noone can hurt you. There are no bad things. No painful thoughts.? Is Mikotsu-Hime bewitching Wadanohara? Is the aim to turn Wadanohara to a puppet without feelings? Am I getting this right?

Thanks!

2 Likes

You transcribed the wrong Kanji. It’s 向かった “was headed towards” from 向かう.

Can’t help with the rest sadly, since I don’t have the material ^^.

3 Likes

:woman_facepalming: … no wonder it made no sense! Thanks! :smiley:

1 Like
Page 111

Moreso to the Sea of Death, I think. In the next panel he implies that the whole purpose of what Mikotsu is doing is to brainwash Wadanohara.

page 105-109

Yes, that’s correct.

Questionable. I think the point of that scene is more to depict the difference between what Wadanohara perceived and what was actually going on.

The ‘bad dream’ is supposed to be reality and all the things that have happened in the story so far.

Remember, she’s being actively brainwashed. That’s what Mikotsu wants her to believe.

All the dialogue/thoughts are Wadanohara. The change into katakana is just supposed to show the deterioration of Wadanohara’s thoughts. And at the end, it says ワタシハ, which is supposed to be 私は. In other words, it’s not someone telling these things to someone else, it’s one person thinking all these things. That only makes sense if it’s Wadanohara.

6 Likes

I just put up the thread to Chapter 5!