☕ 夜カフェ 2 ☕ Offshoot Book Club Chapter 11 Discussion Thread

夜カフェ 2 Book Club - Chapter 11

A chapter title similar to the book title save for the last character… wonder what it could mean? I guess we’ll find out in this chapter!

This is an offshoot book club for 夜カフェ which we originally read with the Beginners Book Club. Please follow the links below to guide you to the proper jumping off point if you’re not quite ready for chapter 11, volume 2 yet.

Start date of current chapter: 29th October 2022
Next chapter: Chapter 12
Previous chapter: Chapter 10
Home thread: 夜カフェ 2 Offshoot Book Club Home Thread
Previous Volume: 夜カフェ 1 Home Thread

Vocabulary List

The vocab list is a community effort, so if you contribute to the list or even just point out a potential error/typo, you’re helping your fellow readers out! It goes without saying, but feel free to peruse the list to help make your reading experience easier! You’re not obligated to contribute but any help you provide is truly appreciated. :slight_smile:

Discussion Guidelines

• Please blur / hide any major events in the current week’s pages (however early they occur), like so: [spoiler]texthere[/spoiler] result: texthere
  • If you’re reading ahead, please refrain from mentioning spoilers in future chapters. If you absolutely must comment something, be sure to add a warning (ex: potential spoiler in chapter 3) before hiding the rest of the spoiler under a spoiler tag.
  • When asking for help, please mention the page number and identify whether your book is a physical copy or ebook, and check before posting that your question hasn’t already been asked
  • Feel free to jump in at any point in the discussion - you’re never too late to the party!
  • Sharing your impressions and predictions of the reading are highly encouraged! It’s fun to see if the story pans out the way some of us think. Just be careful not to give away anything if you’re reading ahead. :wink:

Participation Poll

• I’m reading along
  • I’ve already read this part
  • I’m from the future and reading way later
  • I’m behind and will catch up later

0 voters

2 Likes

Well. It kinda felt like the author more glossed over it than actually resolved anything with Risa and Nacchan, and aside from getting mad at Risa for being off-tempo (and, hm, I gotta wonder if having to play the same instrument as Nacchan weren’t part of that… Ryouma, babe, I get where you’re coming from, but you’re an idiot. It’s not that they simply dislike each other and have to learn to get along, they’re bully and victim) and grabbing her hands to make her play the castanets correctly, Nacchan didn’t really act the way I expected her to. This “resolution” felt like a cop-out tbh (Ah, I guess this applies to ch 12 as well; I read the two back-to-back)

Ryouma chasing Risa around the café with the first castanets he made was adorable though

1 Like

Agree with you @enbyboiwonder about the Risa/Nacchan situation. The build up over several chapters and then resolved like a by product of something else? That was just a total gloss over… Considering the atogaki, that kinda surprised me; yeah, I ended up reading the rest too. But I’ll go into detail next time!

1 Like

Ah, I didn’t read the atogaki. I’m thinking I should

1 Like