地縛少年花子くん (Toilet Bound Hanako-kun) | Volume 6 Reading

Welcome to 地縛少年花子くん :toilet: Volume 6

This is the sixth volume of 地縛少年花子くん. The First volume was read as part of the Beginner Book club. You can find the original post for the book club here:

Beginner Book Club Hanako home thread

This isn’t exactly an official off-shoot club, more like a relaxed thread where people who decide to continue the series can discuss and ask question on the book. There is no strict schedule so feel free to drop by anytime you want and read at your own pace!

The Story So Far

Summary

Yashiro Nene walked into the girl’s toilet in the old school building one day hoping to summon the ghost of a girl called Hanako who is rumored to grant any wish you ask for. To her surprise it turns out Hanako is actually a boy?! Through some mischief Hanako and Yashiro are now bound together by a curse of a mermaid. If Yashiro gets wet, she begins to develop fishy properties :fish:

Volume 5 our loveable little daikon legs I mean heroine is cordially invited (see kidnapped) to a pleasant tea party by Hanako’s girlfriend? And his little brother, along with a clueless dunce kind senpai. Through a heart-to-heart discussion with the third-year high school girl Nanamine, Yashiro learns that she has also been bound to Hanako’s younger twin brother by a wish, and as she cannot disobey him, she throws Nene into nowhere, along with Natsuhiko senpai who is very helpful.

In Nowhere Yashiro stumbles on a classroom where she finds a crying Amane hurt and alone. He runs away as a keychain with a rocket falls behind him. Just as Yashiro is about to reach for him, Hanoko-kun pops up and gets her back to the school.

And just as ever, Aoi comes around with another rumor, this time about the school time-keepers, school mystery no.1. Those with power over time. Past, present, and future.
Things immediately start going wrong after Aoi tells Yashiro about the time-keepers. A classroom suddenly withers, and students start turning into old men.
As things stand, Yashiro goes to Hanako for help and our trio start searching for the time-keepers. Specifically the one in charge of future. Hanako says they’re best chance of finding the time keepers is by finding the one who controls present, because it just so happens they’re disguised as a student at the school. We later find out that its actually Aoi?! Not female Aoi, but male Aoi. Let’s call him Akane-kun to avoid confusing the two (Though it doesn’t matter because they’re both called Akane too.)
Akane-kun was tricked by the old man controlling past to take on the mantle of present. He had Mirai, the time-keeper in charge of future, put Aoi’s life in danger and dangled the present’s power in front of him to save her. Akane-kun, who is head-over-heels for Aoi, took the position.
But back to the predicament at the school, Mirai has escaped? and is running wild. Our faithful trio + Akane-kun have to chase Mirai and find her before she causes even more of a mess!

In this volume time is meaningless :mantelpiece_clock:
A revalation!!! :tired_face:
And a prelude to heartbreak :broken_heart:

P.S: Have you heard the rumor? Apparently there’s a kind senpai in the nowhere still bravely opening doors to find a way out :clown_face:

Buy the Book

Physical | Amazon JP

eBook | BookWalker | Kobo | Kindle

If you haven’t used Amazon JP before, note that you will need a separate account.

Anyone done with this volume?
  • Yes
  • Not yet

0 voters

1 Like

Poor Natsuhiko-senpai. He’s gunna become the 8th ghost of Kamome Academy. :rofl:

2 Likes

I’ve just realized someone’s finished the volume? Should I post the thread for volume 7 or are you still reeling for the that twist?:rofl:

It me. I’m done. There’s no rush to start Vol 7. I can wait. I’ve got a lot on my plate at the moment, so reading has been sort of on the backburn for a little bit!

I’m going to drag this thread back to life.
I may have read the next handful of books without really meaning to :face_with_peeking_eye:

but I have serious questions because I ended up feeling very lost :melting_face: :laughing:

(I think I’m on volume 11 or 12? I need to check. I kinda got looped into just reading and now I’m like wait what lmao)

1 Like

What kind of questions are we talking about here? :rofl:

Just like next arc just (spoiler):

am i missing something or like, they’re in a painting right? the 4th ghost’s one right? is this actually hanako-kun and mitsuba in with them, or is it just fake-them based on what Kou and Nene want to see? I know Hanako’s got feelings for Nene but I didn’t think he’d be the sort to pretend so much like this and now i am just CONFUSED.

I have questions okay i’m not sure if I’m just super lost or if I’m following so far or if I somehow missed something in between one of these volumes. :laughing:

You aren’t confused. They’re all in Number 4’s painting world.

But there are other things happening in the background that will explain what’s going on and why.

rip that’s what i thought

good to know i’m only slightly confused and not 100% totally lost. guess i’ll figure out my questions by reading more for sure!