三ツ星カラーズ Volume 1 (Absolute Beginner Book Club)

I enjoy being able to learn from it and that I don’t feel as hopelessly lost anymore as in week 1. But I can’t say that I enjoy the story or the characters so far. I just don’t find grade-school girls particularly interesting and I kinda find this particular bunch particularly insufferable. That being said, I’m still sticking with it for the language learning aspect.

4 Likes

What? You mean you don’t find someone randomly shouting うんこ to be the epitome of comedy?

Koichi does, if the ol’ Durtle Heaven puzzle is anything to go by.

And then there’s the mnemonic for 幺…

8 Likes

Week 7 is now up:

5 Likes

Week 8:

6 Likes

Week 9 is up, wherein we begin chapter five.

5 Likes

Hi,

As a total beginner on this forum, I think some things might escape me but… are there any permanent links to the weekly conversations, in case I want to to go back to chapter one and get explanations on the grammar, for example ?
I’ve been searching for week 1 and 2, but I think the earliest I can find easily is Week 3. If there is a special thread for these links or a way to find them easily it’d be really happy :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The best place to locate the weekly threads is from the first post in this thread here. There’s a Schedule & Discussion Thread Links section specifically to make life easier =D

2 Likes

Oh thank you! I see those now ! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Week 10’s thread is now up:

4 Likes

Week 11’s thread is up and running:

4 Likes

The zoo saga concludes in week 12:

3 Likes

We’re up to our first whole-chapter-in-one-week. The page count isn’t much higher than each of the last two weeks, though.

4 Likes

It’s the penultimate week. Shall we review our weaknesses?

6 Likes

Is it time for the final chapter already?

7 Likes

If you made it to the end of your first manga volume in Japanese, congratulations!

If you haven’t reached the end due to difficulties or time constraints, don’t hesitate to continue using the discussion threads. Any new questions will definitely be answered!

If this was your first manga in Japnese, but you dropped out because the material wasn’t of interest for you, be sure to check out other ABBC picks, both the upcoming manga Happiness and previous picks listed on the club home thread.

For those looking to continue reading the series, I’ll be posting a series book club thread later today.

12 Likes

Thank you so much for your time and attention to detail on this - this was my 7th or 8th club (3rd I actually finished) and was by far the best organised as far as all the information in the first two posts of each week’s thread.

Cheers!

5 Likes

I’ve abruptly found myself between book clubs - between every book club, in fact, aside from the read-aloud ones I’m in - so I guess I’ll keep tagging along here. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

In that case, I should probably link to the offshoot book club thread!

4 Likes

Whoops. Thought I was posting in that thread…

4 Likes

Voting is open for the next Absolute Beginner Book Club pick. If you are interested in reading along with the next book then please have a look at the nominations and cast your vote.

3 Likes