ヨコハマ買い出し紀行 (Intermediate Book Club)

Excellent! Sometimes less is more :laughing:

1 Like

Also, if you just insert the link in the middle of text, like this: ヨコハマ買い出し紀行 🛵 Volume 2 it will also give you a nice text without any need to mask the link :+1:

1 Like

By the way, @mods would it be possible to turn the first post into a wiki? Thank you :bowing_woman:

2 Likes

Post is now a wiki :durtle_noice:

4 Likes

I’ve added a link to the volume 2 thread in the first post.

3 Likes

Let’s goooo! :motor_scooter: :sparkles:

5 Likes

Here’s the thread for volume 3!

BM2j7K0aiKyzud2kfkni6g__

More ココネ! More strange chapter titles? More ミサゴ! Sepia? Read on and find out!

4 Likes

Oh, I forgot to mention: there’s an extra poll in that thread for determining the date for the next thread (because there were a few comments about that in the volume 2 thread), so make sure you vote if you have an opinion on that.

3 Likes

In the poll for when to create the next thread, the option to do four weeks per volume has won (by one vote), so I will create the next thread on January 15th.

Happy New Year and happy reading, everyone!

3 Likes

I’ll join in! I won’t be able to read very well but you get credit for trying right? I bought the whole series because I wanted it anyway.

Also, what does メイポロ mean?

4 Likes

Welcome to the club!

Best bet so far: coffee or tea with maple syrup. Maybe :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

I have had a sugar maple wood/leaf tea before. That makes sense to me!

1 Like

New characters! Another colour chapter! A bonus ‘Short Essay’ and even a なにそれコーナー! Welcome to a packed volume 4!

BM2j7K0aiKyzud2kfkni6g__

6 Likes

I noticed in the volume 4 thread that only four people filled out the poll. If more of you are still reading along or catching up (or reading at your own pace), maybe you can fill it out too. It will be motivating to keep going :slightly_smiling_face:

Possibly useful: @Belthazar shared the following link to the Wikipedia page on the Boshu dialect, which has a word list (under 主な語彙) that might help decipher some of the speech: 房州弁 - Wikipedia

And to motivate all of you to keep going: volume 4 has quite an intriguing chapter about something that we haven’t seen before :wink:

By the way, if anyone has questions or comments on the previous volumes: don’t hold back. I’m still up for any discussions :smiley:

5 Likes

I’ve finished the volumes I own… I might come back to this but there’s plenty of other reading to catch up on

Edit: wow posting on mobile with a dodgy connection is a pain :sweat:

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure that applies to every volume. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

:joy: (I’m just trying to sell it)

2 Likes

First 3 Volume Free on Bookwalker again if people want to join

4 Likes

Thanks! I could finally grab volume 3.

2 Likes

I’m still catching up… It’s a little hard when you are level 14.

1 Like