Reading chapter 13 this week!

Are you still reading along?
  • I am reading along
  • I will catch up later
  • I’m reading ahead
  • I won’t be reading (anymore)

0 voters

3 Likes

Finished this weeks chapter lot of nicely drawn art and not to to much hard conversations.

Things are about to get crazy.

5 Likes

Yeah was nice and easy to follow along this week. I’m getting fully pulled in to the story now.

2 Likes

Did not expect the blood baby birding :face_with_peeking_eye:
Getting more into the actual vampire stuff now :grin:

3 Likes

Finally caught up! End of June and all of July have been super busy for me (JLPT, work, international travel), but I finally found the time!
(Now to just catch up with the rest of the book clubs I’m in :sweat_smile:)

Thing are really getting interesting! I’m thinking this will probably be my favorite volume so far!

I feel really bad for Yuki now. Before when he was super rude to his mom, I thought it was just a teenager thing/him not being a great person, but now seeing how his mom doesn’t really show any concern for him being in the hospital and what is happening to him… just sad.

Also wondering if Makoto is set in his decision to stay now? I thought a few chapters ago he was planning on leaving everyone, but now that Yuki is back and he met Nora, maybe he will just stay and try to work through things.

I believe it was actually Makoto still talking (even though it showed Yuki’s face). So I interpreted it as him talking about how he can’t stay in the hospital anymore and the reason being because he left the hospital (to save Yuki). Thus the use of だって. And then the ごめんね after is apologizing that he won’t be able to stay close to him (Yuki). I don’t believe Yuki actually said anything understandable besides breathing and possibly trying to say Okazaki.

5 Likes

I think you may be right. (I hate it when it’s not clear who’s speaking)
Is escaping the hospital a reason to be discharged? I guess it shows you’re fit enough at least…

4 Likes

I keep missing the chapter changes in this manga, and I read a bit ahead again. It was a pretty easy chapter, lots of panting haha.

5 Likes

Week 4

Reading chapter 14 this week!

• I am reading along
  • I will catch up later
  • I’m reading ahead

0 voters

2 Likes

Wooo! Things are already getting explosive and exploding!
things are only going to get crazier from here on out!

5 Likes

That panel where Yuuki bit his mother was goddamn traumatizing. I am really sad for him, especially because his mother was confirmed dead at the end. I hope he didn’t have to witness himself doing it and be unable to do anything!

Also, the name of Gosho’s little brother was revealed: 友男(ともお). Maybe add him to the minor characters list?

5 Likes

Things are definitely getting tense.

Done!

3 Likes

Week 5

Reading chapter 15 this week. Last chapter of volume 3!

• I am reading along
  • I will catch up later
  • I’m reading ahead

0 voters

When should we start volume 4?
  • August 6 (no break)
  • August 13 (1 week break)

0 voters

4 Likes

Woooo! I may sound like a broken record but things are really popping off now in this chapter, and ending on such a cliffhanger.
Glad to be reading it with everyone!

We have completed another book!
3 down 7 more to go!

12 Likes

Yeah going to see this one through to the end. Never wanted to read a whole series before!

9 Likes

I started with volume 1 yesterday. Going to do my best to catch up with you all :slight_smile:

8 Likes

What a chapter, although this whole volume was really good!

6 Likes

Another volume complete! :grin:
I’m so glad I joined this one, I really enjoy the story so far.

5 Likes

Volume 4 thread is up! As per the poll, we’re starting chapter 16 this week. See you all there! :grin:

6 Likes

Finished volume 3! :smiley: I will probably take a break from this series at this point, bc. I’ll try to catch up to the ABBC, who are reading Shikimori’s not just a cutie, which I also already have in my bookwalker collection :sweat_smile:

6 Likes