デスノート ・ Death Note 📓 Vol. 6

Volume 6 交換(こうかん) Discussion Thread

Start Date: December 24, Sat
Previous: Volume 5
Next: Volume 7

Death Note Vol.6

Death Note Home Thread

Vocabulary List

Please read the editing guidelines in the first sheet before adding any words! There might not be many new vocabularies later on, so feel free to see former chapters’ vocabularies.

Reading Schedule

We are going at the pace of 1 week per chapter. Each week starts on Saturday. There are roughly 20 pages per chapter.

Discussion Guidelines

• Please blur out major events in the current week’s pages, and any content from later in the book/series, like this: texthere
  • When asking for help, please mention the page number (or % for eBooks).
    • As for this volume in eBook version (Bookwalker monochrome), subtract 1 from eBook page number
  • To you lurkers out there: join the conversation, it’s fun!

Participants

The volume’s participation poll is here. Note that you can always change your choice. Marking participation behind the schedule is OK, too.

• I am reading along
  • I am reading ahead
  • Joining soon
  • I am no longer reading this series

0 voters

There will also be participation polls throughout this discussion thread as we reach each chapter :grin:

44 - 跡継(あとつぎ)

• I am reading along
  • Joining soon
  • Not yet

0 voters

45 - 無茶(むちゃ)

Spoiler

And, a little 嫉妬 on top of this scene?

• I am reading along
  • Joining soon
  • Not yet

0 voters

1 Like

46 - 不向(ふむき)

waifu

• I am reading along
  • Joining soon
  • Not yet

0 voters

1 Like

47 - 先走(さきばしり)

Light?

• I am reading along
  • Joining soon
  • Not yet

0 voters

1 Like

48 - 交換(こうかん)

• I am reading along
  • Joining soon
  • Not yet

0 voters

1 Like
Story comments

Higuchi thinking only with his dick is so funny (I mean, Misa in nurse uniform is too powerful)

I love L’s face here, his plans foiled by an Idol

I again remember back to my first watch all those years ago and thinking Misa as dumb, but now I can see that she is intelligent in her own way, being able to read people and using her charm to get what she wants. It’s not the same kind of intelligence as Light’s or L’s and it helps make the manga more interesting by not having the constant “oh, I knew you planned this to stop my plan, so I planned further to foil your plan to ruin my plan” action.

1 Like

It sounds like a risky plan to me, though. But the killing is quite smart. Probably the plans prior to meet Light in the previous volumes are not bad at all. (Though, investigation teams are better.)

MVPs of this volume are spies and betrayer , and of course Light.

1 Like

I mean, she honestly had Light on the ropes in the beginning and made it so he had to reveal himself to her when he didn’t want to. Pretty smart even if she did leave enough evidence for L to connect her to the crimes (but cmon, being outsmarted by L is nothing to be ashamed of)

1 Like

49 - 植木(うえき)

• I am reading along
  • Joining soon
  • Not yet

0 voters

1 Like
Story comments

The important questions

Gotta love the realization as soon as he says it hahaha

It’s funny how L keeps saying that Light has the same theories as him. It got me thinking in what would happen in an alternate reality where someone else got the Death Note. Would L and Light eventually also collaborate on trying to get this alternate Kira? Would that person be inevitably screwed?

Misa gone wild

I forgot to post this 7 days ago hahaha, had the draft waiting

1 Like

I ended up reading the chapter a bit earlier this week

Story comments

So mad

Cutting to the Misa ad break, nice

So tense, seems we might be getting some sort of car chase next chapter, can’t wait!

1 Like

50 - 四葉(よつば)

• I am reading along
  • Joining soon
  • Not yet

0 voters

51 - 誤認(ごにん)

Face of the chapter

Of course, Monkey face :see_no_evil:

monkey face

• I am reading along
  • Joining soon
  • Not yet

0 voters

Story comments

This face is also pretty good but that one wins for sure

Glorious color

Also, he used this panel like 50 times hahaha

52 - 寸止(すんどめ)

Last chapter of the vol. I anticipate a little after this – you-know-what.

• I am reading along
  • Joining soon
  • Not yet

0 voters

1 Like

Again, a poll.

This volume is ending. Wanna continue soon?

• Immediately (Next week)
  • 1 week pause
  • Other answers (please reply in comments)

0 voters

I assume the pace will be 1 week per chapter, but if someone requests, that can be changed too.

1 Like

I wanna keep the pace but don´t care about pause or not, I see @bellacar seems to be catching up

Chapter 52 comments: Sick shot from Watari, and it seems it might be time for the death note to change owners again

1 Like

I’m still playing catch up. I am on this volume at least, and try to read a few chapters a week.
I’ll catch up when I catch up, so go on ahead if you want, I don’t mind. I vote for 1 week just to give myself more time =P
Oh, and i still like 1 week per chapter. I just fell behind cause busy. Normally that is a very good pace =)

2 Likes

@bellacarr @Abstormal @fyrember Let me start the next volume next week. At least, the discussion wouldn’t start until then.

3 Likes