シャドーハウス Volume 5

To be fair, the poll was just posted three hours ago.

6 Likes

But a break may be a good idea if most active readers are behind.

I’m ahead but not that far - finished volume 5, but I was waiting on the club since I like reading with others.

Edit: though looking at last week’s poll, I think there’s a fair few people who were up to date.

5 Likes

don’t take a break on my account… personally I may put this series away when I finish vol 4 (and come back to it later)… taking a break from what I’ve seen with the book clubs doesn’t seem to help too much in most cases … and with the continuation clubs I’d expect it wouldn’t make much difference … just my 2c

5 Likes

For my part, I read 3 1/2 chapters soon after voting in the poll, which means I am now caught up through this week. I believe @lucylavelle is getting close to being caught up as well (aside from this week’s).

I partly fell behind partly because at the end of December I aim on finishing all volumes I’m reading without starting any new ones. I was also having some issues with my reading setup that I’ve since resolved.

Aside from those reasons, I find that when I’m falling behind in a club, I usually end up in this situation:

All that said, at any time if a few readers are behind and feel they could get caught up with a slightly slower pace, we can absolutely poll to see about doing (for example) a couple of one-chapter weeks per volume.

6 Likes

I have 1 chapter left from last week to read, and then this weeks 2, so I should be able to catch up this week.

If other people could do with a break to catch up though, thats fine by me :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I’m just 4 chapters behind myself (including this week’s two) so hopefully I’ll catch up this week. As for an informal schedule, that may only encourage me to take my time further XD

If anyone wants a break, I’m completely fine with it.

6 Likes
This week chapters' spoilers

Well, that was epic! Loved this panel at the end of Chapter 55

I also like how despite the serious situation the author doesn’t hesitate to throw in some rave Emilico reviews:

8 Likes
Chapters 55 and 56 Story comments

Shaun got jealous when Olly was shaking Emilico :eyes: Also, Emilico clearly doesn’t skip leg day :joy: And man, poor Mia being used as a shield was messed up!

7 Likes

This text will be hidden

Was he only jealous? I think he also noted that Nancy had 煤秒 and was heading her way.

3 Likes
Story comment reply

I don’t think Nancy had 煤秒. I think she was also jealous because Olly was giving Emilico so much praise :joy:

4 Likes

I thought she fell in

Excuse cropping, I’m on an iPad.

3 Likes

She was washed over by the soot, but not the actual creatures that are giving the sickness. She is just dirty but not actually sick by the looks of it. She doesn’t have the same possessed look as the others.

3 Likes

That explains why Ollie seems ok after. I guess she’s jealous of エミリコ、just as Shaun is jealous of Ollie!

3 Likes

Might well be! Wouldn’t surprise me. :stuck_out_tongue:

Also, just noticed this, and I’m assuming typo, but wouldn’t it be 煤病? 秒 has the same reading, so I just glanced over it without even thinking, then realized later that was second and not sickness. :joy:

3 Likes

Yes. I was typing quickly and have had half a bottle of wine.

Edit - probably more…

2 Likes

Hahaha, no worries! I had a delayed realization for it myself, and I don’t have the excuse of having had anything to drink. :joy:

2 Likes

Ha, I didn’t notice that at all!

@Cathm2 one more story comment. They mentioned the vacuum has a blade inside it that cuts up the こびりつき so that they can’t reform for a while. So Nancy just got covered in regular soot.

7 Likes
Story comments

So many funny faces this week, but this was my favourite

This fucking bowl cut trying to look cool after sacrificing Mia, jeez

Pretty good action these episodes and both ending on a cliffhanger, can’t wait for next week!

5 Likes

Chapters 57 and 58

Start Date: 2023-02-17T15:00:00Z

Participation

Mark your participation status by voting in this poll. (You can change your answer later if you’d like.)

• I’m reading along.
  • I have finished this part.
  • I will catch up later.
  • It’s complicated.

0 voters

If you’ve read it before but will join in the discussion (or have read ahead), please select “I’m reading along”!

9 Likes

Ahaha I love the addition of “it’s complicated” XD honestly it does feel like that sometimes.

7 Likes