シャドーハウス Reading Club

The beginner book club is currently holding a poll on what we will read next! Head over there if you are interested and haven’t done so

@ChristopherFritz It took me far to long to recognize you with your new profile picture :santa:

4 Likes

It’s my first time with an avatar image here that isn’t my Mii =D

5 Likes

I’m just glad someone is carrying on the Urushi avatar tradition while I’ve been using other characters for a bit! :joy:

3 Likes

I have to admit, I didn’t notice your change until after mine, and I hoped that wasn’t a sign I’d swiped your character away from you :wink:

1 Like

Nope, no swiping at all! I had been a different character for a while before you made the change. :grin:

1 Like

One more day, then we’re on volume 5!

Well, there goes my last letter.

7 Likes

Just a couple more days until volume 6!

5 Likes

For anyone who’s considered reading Shadows House, but aren’t sure if you will like it, the first two volumes are free to read through May 3rd.

7 Likes

Volume 7’s thread is up!

4 Likes

Just a heads up, volume 8 has 11 chapters and volumes 9-13 have 9 chapters instead of the 12 that most volumes have had so far. Given the odd number you all might want to discuss how to handle that for scheduling.

7 Likes

Maybe we could do three chapters in one reading at the end of each volume?
Volume 8: 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 3
Volumes 9-13: 2 + 2 + 2 + 3

4 Likes

Potentially a good idea, but I just looked and the last 3 chapters are all fairly long for volume 8. For that volume, I’d be tempted to group the first 3 chapters. I’m reading ahead, so just looked back, and those are not very text-dense so would work well together.

4 Likes

Sounds good to me! That way, when we start the new volume, we get some extra, like when an anime season starts with a double episode :grin:

4 Likes

What solutions would you be okay with when a volume has an odd number of chapters?

• Read one chapter: Have a week with only one chapter.
  • Read two chapters: Join one volume’s final chapter with the next’s starting chapter.
  • Read three chapters: Have a week with three chapters.

0 voters

(Results are public.)

3 Likes

I’m good with whatever, honestly, so just voted for all options. :grin:

4 Likes

Volume 8’s thread is up! I’ll add the vocabulary sheet soon.

4 Likes

As we cross from volume 8 (final chapter) to volume 9 (first chapter) this week, the new volume thread is now live (vocabulary sheet pending):

4 Likes

Volumes 1 through 8 of Shadows House are free to read until August 20th (Japan time):

This is a great opportunity for someone who’s considered checking out the series, but hasn’t wanted to commit their wallet to it. But don’t dally on reading; once August 21st hits, the freebies go away.

And for those of us reading the colored version who want to understand our b&w brethren better, now’s the chance!

5 Likes

Next up, volume 10!

6 Likes

The last week of volume 10 carries onto the start of volume 11:

5 Likes