ふらいんぐうぃっち Vol. 3 🧹

Volume 3 Discussion Thread

Start Date: 4th April
Previous: Chapter 12, Volume 2
Following: Volume 4

ふらいんぐうぃっち Home Thread

Vocabulary List

Please read the editing guidelines in the first sheet before adding any words!

Reading Schedule

Start Date   Chapter                                                      Page Numbers   Page Count
April 4th 13 - 喫茶個コンクルシオ 3 - 26 23
April 11th 14 - 常連の鳴き声 27 - 50 23
April 18th 15 - 明日の明日は今にある 53 - 77 24
April 25th 16 - 良薬は口に辛し 79 - 101 22
May 2nd 17 - シンブンヤとクジラ 103 - 126 23
May 9th 18 - フライパンとホットケーキの関係性 129 - 156 28

Participants

Volume 3 Participants

There are participation polls throughout this discussion thread for the start of each chapter :slightly_smiling_face:

Victory Poll! - make sure you fill in the poll to celebrate finishing volume 3 :tada:

7 Likes

As expected my copy hasn’t arrived yet, so I’ll fill in the page numbers properly once it arrives :slightly_smiling_face:

Chapter 13: 喫茶個コンクルシオ

4th April

• I’m reading along
  • I’ll catch up later

0 voters

To read or not to read… :sweat_drops: I’ll be following at least for a bit while i decide.

2 Likes

I was going to be lazy and not start my April budget yet, but now I kind of have to, so I can budget out e-manga spending for the month. With luck I’ll be ready to start reading tonight or this weekend!

4 Likes

@Radish8 The link to the first poll is missing the thread reference, it should be like this:

https://community.wanikani.com/t/x/42921/2

(your link is missing the 42921 part)

1 Like

Hah, oops. Thanks for catching!

(this is why we test our links, kids :see_no_evil: )

1 Like

Haa. Akane is such a bad influence…

Looking up 外出して was a bit of a shock (turns out it’s supposed to be the onyomi + して :sweat:).

6 Likes

幽霊をいじめてはいけない~

4 Likes

Welp, my copy’s shipment is currently suspended in Japan, which was to be expected tbh. So I guess I’ll join you guys when (if) it arrives. Enjoy your reading!

1 Like

Oh man, that sucks - sorry. I’m really hoping that mine managed to reach the UK before getting stranded elsewhere.

2 Likes

Aww sorry to hear that @Chopped, and @Radish8 I hope yours still has a chance of arriving soon! :pensive:

Page 26

Is the waitress wearing a mask? If so then I understand their reaction :sweat_smile:

Other than that, I do love the drawings in this series :relaxed:

3 Likes

Aye, that’s a standard noh mask. Example.

4 Likes

Thank you! I’d never heard of these before, they’re beautiful :sparkles:

2 Likes

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I guess, because I think they’re kinda creepy. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

They can be both. A lot of good art is.

3 Likes

Same here. I get such an eerie feeling when looking at it. But I do have that with masks in general.

You can always buy the ebook version. :wink:

But yeah, Japan Post suspended mail services to a lot of countries on April 2nd: https://www.post.japanpost.jp/int/information/2020/0401_02_01_en.pdf

This should only affect Japan Post, so DHL orders should still be processed. The UK isn’t on there, so @Radish8 you should still get the book. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

My copy arrived so I added the page numbers to the OP :slightly_smiling_face: will try to catch up this (long) weekend.

6 Likes

So I managed to get a hold of the ebook version and read the first chapter (yay!). Even though I’ll miss making notes and writing the meaning of the words I don’t know on the side, it’s a great replacement so I don’t fall behind again :grin:

I really enjoyed the first chapter, I got kinda scared when the ghost waitress appeared with that mask lmao it’s so creepy :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Chapter 14: 常連の鳴き声

11th April

• I’m reading along
  • I’m still reading but haven’t reached this part yet
  • I’m dropping out

0 voters

2 Likes

Chapter 13

Was wondering what ショコラ was. When I got to my computer to look it up, was a bit disappointed to find out it’s simply チョコレート (only, from the French chocolat). According to this page about the two words, some people call chocolate ショコラ because it’s more おしゃれ.

It would seem あかね agrees.

oshare

Chapter 14

The curse of knowing just enough when reading to not look up everything I don’t know: When あんず was confused by まこと’s comments, the reader is probably supposed to be confused along with her, but I kept thinking I’d missed an important point of context. It wasn’t until あんず realized the reason for まこと’s comments that I realized I hadn’t actually missed anything.

I like あんず’s first panel dialogue on page 31 foreshadowing page 46. (「ワンッ!」) And with that, I just realized that chapter 14’s title refers to the chapter’s very last page.

7 Likes