ふらいんぐうぃっち Vol. 10 🧹

Volume 10 Discussion Thread

Start Date: 10th July
Previous: Volume 9
Following: Volume 11

ふらいんぐうぃっち Home Thread

Vocabulary List

Please read the editing guidelines in the first sheet before adding any words!

Reading Schedule

Start Date              Chapter                                             Page Numbers   Page Count
July 10th 55 - おすそ分けはとても重い 3 - 26 22
July 17th 56 - 魔女協会弘前支部 27 - 58 30
July 24th 57 - 旅は道連れ猫に情け 59 - 83 25
July 31st 58 - 4か月ぶりの家族、増える親友 85 - 110 24
August 7th 59 - 都会の仕事 111 - 136 25
August 14th 60 - 招き猫の要求 137 - 154 18
August 21st 61 - 1満点の活躍 155 - 173 17

Participants

There will be participation polls throughout this discussion thread as we reach each chapter :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

Yesssssss

3 Likes

Oops - @Mods, sorry, would you mind making the OP of this thread a wiki too?

It’s happening! In a month :sob:

3 Likes

Yep, done!

5 Likes

Thanks again!

image934

8 Likes

Chapter 55 - おすそ分けはとても重い

It’s a well-known fact that, given enough time, every witch story must involve おすそ分け.

2021-07-09T15:00:00Z

• I’m reading along
  • I’m not reading along

0 voters

4 Likes

I have 4 chapters left in Volume 9. Planning to finish it this weekend and join reading during the week. :slight_smile:

6 Likes
Apparently I timed my garden just right for this chapter.

(There’s nothing for size references, but they’re normal-sized roma tomatoes, which have been ripening on my desk for a few days.)

5 Likes

You need a banana.

2 Likes

Me realizing this club is starting again this week

Feeling rested and excited to jump in again! :grin:
And on the first pages of the volume we have illustrations of an adorable cat creature and a JR station, I love it already xD
I see smol cat creatures on the back of the book, I want to meet the smol cat creatures
Anyway…getting to the actual chapter xD
What a cute chapter - can see now why Akane and Kei had to go with her, they really came back with a whole farmer’s market’s there :joy: So much neighborliness :blush:
Also, I do not even like tomatoes, but those are some darn delicious-looking tomatoes.

6 Likes

This was the first Manga I read with the help of these threads at the end of last year, I feel kind of nostalgic! I also really missed the comfy atmosphere of the Flying witch world.

(I think it is going to take me another chapter to get used to the accent again.)

8 Likes

Really enjoyed the first chapter

5 Likes

Really happy to be reading this again! That was a fun chapter :tomato:

Also looking forward to more Chito-san. I hope we get some chapter(s) centered on her on this volume =^.^=

4 Likes

It almost feels like we have our mangaka following along with the book club, posting this today:

8 Likes

Finally caught up! Still can’t believe I came all the way to the 10th volume of a manga series completely in Japanese. Couldn’t have done without the help of the book clubs in this forum. So everyone, thanks again! :slight_smile:

This was such a warm and comfy chapter. It made long for that intimate neighborhood life. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Chapter 56 - 魔女協会弘前支部

I'm starting to suspect this manga is a work of fiction.

2021-07-16T15:00:00Z

• I’m reading along
  • I’m not reading along

0 voters

4 Likes

ah haha. akane was long overdue a good scolding…probably why she doesn’t phone home :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Their mom is right at scolding Akane when she can just teleport back home in an instant. :smiley:

Looks like the dialog on page 46 refers to an old anime called Ikkyu-san:

I get the meaning here but, when the mom says 帰ってらっしゃい is that an expression like いってらっしゃい, or is there a grammar point for ~てらっしゃい?

I found the letter on pages 50 and 51 a little bit difficult due to words and the archaic language.

現世のつばなれが始まる
What is the bolded part here? I couldn’t find something suitable from Jisho.

2 Likes