それでも歩は寄せてくる ・ When will Ayumu Make his Move? - Volume 7 Thread

Offshoot Home Thread

If you need any general info about the book, please check the Nomination post for more details (´。• ᵕ •。`) Also, note that this is an offshoot club’s thread, meaning that we have already finished reading the first volume, that you can find at それでも歩は寄せてくる ・ When will Ayumu Make his Move? - Volume 1 thread (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

Reading Schedule

Week Start Date Chapters
Week 1 June 25th 第81-82局
Week 2 July 2nd 第83-84局
Week 3 July 9th 第85-86局
Week 4 July 16th 第87-88局
Week 5 July 23rd 第89-90局
Week 6 July 30th 第91-92局
Week 7 August 6th 第93-94局+おまけ

Vocabulary List

Please read the guidelines on the first page of the sheet before adding any words.

Members

Mark your participation status by voting in this poll:

• I’m reading along
  • I’m planning to catch up later

0 voters

4 Likes
Story comments

And now Ayumu’s bluntness makes another girl say “なっ…” :joy: And her reaction when Takeru came to the club for the first time in forever was hilarious!

Also, Takeru and Sakurako are cute as always. I thought her playfulness during the movie they watched indicated she was already interested, but it looks like it’s here that the spark was lit.

6 Likes
Story comments

I like that we are getting a deeper look into Rin’s personality Beyond her kouhai complex hahaha

6 Likes
Story comments

I love Rin’s character flaw.
Screenshot_2022-06-29_12-17-56

Something about Ayumu’s face in this panel made me laugh:

It’s like somebody took the picture at the wrong moment when he had his mouth open? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Yeah, things are really getting spicy between those two! I personally just love how good of a friendship they seem to have, but they’re definitely both into each other.

7 Likes

This week, we’re on chapters 83 and 84. Is everyone ready?

I feel like they’re getting close to needing their own spinoff manga.

By the way, is this week’s chapter of それでも歩は寄せてくる a crossover with this week’s chapter of 三ツ星カラーズ?

From over there...

7 Likes

What? No, it’s completely different, they’re spinning in opposite directions!

6 Likes

I’ll admit, I did think that might ruin the illusion!

5 Likes

I can’t believe you would spoil me in this way…

Haha jkin, what a coincidence tho, for them both to have this subject in the same bookclub reading week

Story comments

I think chapter 83 kinda breaks the Rin x Ayumu ship, unless Rin loves food more than him (Rin x Food otp???)

Also loved this Ayumu face

Honestly with chapter 84 it seems Sakurako might get to the endgame sooner than ayumu

3 Likes

Got a question, maybe someone can help :slight_smile:

Chapter 82, page 13:

本のしおりにするんだっけ

Can someone tell me what the meaning of this sentence is? I think it is some sort of expression I don’t know, but I can’t find it anywhere. :frowning:

4 Likes
Chapter 82, page 13

Took me a bit to figure this out, but I think しおり means “bookmark”. I assume 「本のしおり」 still just means “bookmark”.

I’m still a little shaky on the exact meaning of 「〜にする」 sometimes, but I think it’s this grammar point (to view something as, or to make something into).

Translation: “Was it that you were going to make it into a bookmark?”

5 Likes
Chapter 82, page 13

Oooh they wanted to use the four leaf clover as bookmark, makes more sense now!

4 Likes

Time for chapters 85 and 86, everyone!

After everything moving forward last week, what’s coming up this week?

7 Likes
Chapter 85 story comments

First hint of serious stuff here with Urushi’s dad. I wonder if it will actually be serious, or if it’s a bait and switch.

7 Likes
Chapter 84

I’m currently kind of behind by one week ( :sweat_drops: ) but I’m happy Sakurako seems to realise her feelings for Takeru! (All thanks to the four leaf clover :slight_smile: )

7 Likes
Chapter 86

Is she just embarassed by the memory or is it the face of a girl in love? :thinking:

6 Likes

Is everyone ready for some 別に in chapter 87 and microscopic furigana in chapter 88?

6 Likes
Chapter 87 comments

I like how Urushi put both Ayumu and Rin in the same situation, and Rin decided to just bail hahaha

Chapter 88

It’s not like I wanted to read that or anything…

God ayumu has stressed her these last two chapters, that’s the face of ultimate relief if I’ve ever seen it

5 Likes

Thankfully I’d seen that acronym before in a readable situation. :laughing:

ゴールデンウイーク , though I’m sure you got there. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Yeah, I mostly assumed by context, no way I was reading that hahaha

3 Likes

At least we get it three times in a row, so you have a chance of…well, it guess that doesn’t help if you don’t already know it.

It's not this, by the way.

I believe I first encountered it in Flying Witch

But there have been others.

6 Likes