それでも歩は寄せてくる ・ When will Ayumu Make his Move? ♟ - Volume 1

Always prioritize that which you believe will be interesting for you.

If you’d like to join in, I recommend reading chapter one (and its discussion thread if necessary, plus ask any questions you have) so you get to know the premise and characters.

After that, the chapters are fairly standalone. You can decide to jump to the current chapter(s) we’re reading, and read/follow along in real time (getting to the skipped chapters later). Or you can decide to go through the chapters in order, following behind the club.

If there’s enough interest, someone will run an offshoot book club to continue with the next volume after this one is finished.

9 Likes

Ooooh, that’s nice! I’ll definitely give this a try as my first manga then!

Especially since I miiiiight have already bought it…

2021-08-04 22.28.32b

皆さん、よろしくおねがいします!

13 Likes

Welcome! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

9 Likes

Welcome and you can start whenever you want! Also, each chapter is a stand-alone one, so you don’t have to read all the previous ones to be able to understand the storyline!

9 Likes

:bell: The fifth week thread is up now! :bell:

8 Likes

:bell: The sixth week thread is up now! :bell:

6 Likes

:bell: The seventh week thread is up now! And we have almost finished this bookclub!! :bell:

6 Likes

:bell: The final week is here! (≧ω≦) :bell:

8 Likes

First things first, a huge thank to all of you who took part in this bookclub! It has been a pleasure to read your questions and answer, and seeing everyone giving its own contribution! o(≧▽≦)o

Now, since some of you have already shown interest (and I myself have already bought volume 2), here I want to leave a small poll to see if anyone wants to keep going with an offshoot club for our Ayumu-kun and Urushi-chan.

Would you like to keep going with それでも歩は寄せてくる in an offshoot club?

• Yep!
  • Naah…

0 voters

10 Likes

Thank you everyone who voted! So, let’s set up the offshoot club for Ayumu-kun!
First let’s define the starting date for the second volume! Below you you can find a small poll, so choose the one you’re more comfortable with! ヽ(*・ω・)ノ

When do you like to start the second volume of それでも歩は寄せてくる?

• 18th Septmber
  • 25th Septmber

0 voters

10 Likes

Sorry for the absence, I’ll set the offshoot club starting September 25th!
Stay tuned~

11 Likes

It’s all good! Very excited!:laughing:

7 Likes

The offshoot club is on and running (´。• ω •。`)

8 Likes

Absolute beginner book club now voting for next book - link

4 Likes

Heads up for anyone planning to read this series at some point (like myself), Volume 1 is currently free on bookwalker and kindle (amazon jp) until 12/2/21.
I’m not sure if this is free forever or a limited trial, but worth grabbing now just in case. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Just read chapter one… That was hard :frowning: but ill keep going!

11 Likes

You got this! If you end up having any questions about any of the chapters that aren’t answered in their respective threads, feel free to ask them! Many of us are still actively watching these threads and will be happy to help! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

Just FYI the ebook version for vol 1 is free (once again?) right now until March 24

I just picked it up and will probably read it on my own soon :smiley:

12 Likes

I got confused about the title. Perhaps official translation? (“Even so, Ayumu got closer” is more literal?)

Also, in Bookwalker.

Yeah, that March 24.

4 Likes

Yeah, the English title is often not a direct translation of the Japanese title. Presumably what works well as a title in Japanese doesn’t always work well as a title in English, so they change it to something more catchy.

I think there are lots of manga where this happens. Ghibli movies also spring to mind as an example where the English title is often different from the original Japanese.

4 Likes