かがみの孤城 🪞 Week 26

Intermediate Book Club: Intermediate Japanese Book Club // Now Reading: TUGUMI・Next: おばちゃんたちのいるところ
かがみの孤城 Home Thread: かがみの孤城 (Kagami no Kojou) Book Club

Week 26

Start date: May 21st, 2022

This week we are reading the final section of the 三月 chapter!
End page (bunko): 296
End page (tanko): 505
End phrase: “オオカミさま”が現れた。

Previous week: かがみの孤城 🪞 Week 25
Next week: かがみの孤城 🪞 Week 27

Discussion Rules

• Please use spoiler tags for major events in the current chapter and any content in future chapters.
  • When asking for help, please mention the page number. If you are reading the ebook version mention the percentage.
  • Don’t be afraid of asking questions, even if they seem embarrassing at first. All of us are here to learn.
  • To you lurkers out there: Join the conversation, it’s fun! :durtle:

Read Aloud

We will be reading on Sundays at 10:00PM Japan time (reading the previous week’s content). Here is the time in your local time zone:

2022-05-29T13:00:00Z

Participants

Mark your participation status by voting in this poll.

• I’m reading along (up to this week’s end page)
  • I’m already reading ahead (beyond this week’s end page)
  • I’ve read this book already and I’m here for discussion
  • I’m still reading the book but I haven’t yet reached this week’s starting page
  • I’m no longer reading the book

0 voters

1 Like

I just made one short note on this part (I was reading as fast as I could)
page 493 So happy my guess was right
I don’t even remember what I was talking about. Probably the time travel thing?

4 Likes

I don’t have much to comment on either. Basically, there weren’t many surprises in this section because of all the speculations we had already had in the threads :smile:. In certain sense, it would have been more exciting if you had been wrong :wink:. The only thing that I did find surprising is that the kids still got some time together before they are banished from the castle.

2 Likes

I guessed that, too! But I missed my chance to gloat. And my guess about the order of people was way off-- except I did think Ureshino was in the future. Now I wonder if bleaching your hair was a particularly 90’s thing to do in Japan?

4 Likes

I somehow managed to miss the start of the new chapter (I guess I was naively expecting a 四月? And my brain not very awake) and at some point I thought it was weird that this week was taking me so long… until I realized but was so close to the end I just finished. Woops. Will wait for further threads to comment I guess. :see_no_evil:

Side note: I was looking for this thread in the Reading section as usual and very confused that I couldn’t find it until I saw the new Book Clubs section :exploding_head:

3 Likes