おじさまと猫 (Ojisama to Neko) Volume 3 Discussion

Yeah, the two I saw one morning hurried in through here.

It was too dark to see their pancake performance, but they’ve gotta be able to flatten down quite a bit!

おじさまと猫とraccoon

1 Like

Animals using the drains feels like they’re taking a video games shortcut/fast travel lol

I’m rather behind, but I’m excited because it seems that today I’ll be able to catch up!!! Prepare for some spam lol.

Although, @ChristopherFritz I see this is our last week on this volume. Would you like to continue with 4? Although some folks are reading the earlier vols, I think it would just be us two active for 4 most likely. I could go either way honestly. We could also take a short hiatus (preferably until after the JLPT (July 4th)) and see if anyone catches up by then.

1 Like

I’ve fallen a tiny bit behind this past week and a half, but I should be finishing up volume 3 soon. I have enough other manga I’m simultaneously reading that it won’t impact me any if there’s a hiatus before starting volume 4.

1 Like

Ok, how about a slightly longer hiatus then? Starting vol 4 a week after the JLPT so that people have some recovery time from it as well?

So starting vol 4 on July 12?

Whatever works for you will work for me just as well. I’ll just need to be sure to buy a (digital) copy at the end of the month, and I’ll be ready for the 12th!

1 Like

Alright, let’s plan for the 12th then. Purrhaps @sour_cat or @patternfinder might join us by then or maybe @noko will rejoin us?

I hope everyone’s in good health and enjoying Fukumaru’s relaxing cuteness. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m terribly sorry, I dropped the ball on this, haven’t I? I’ll post a thread for Volume 4 immediately.

1 Like

(よろこ)んで (93) is just so wholesome

I appreciate that you can take 馬鹿(ばか) and just keep adding onto it for increasing levels of idiot 馬鹿者(ばかもの)(おお)バカ(もの)

Interesting first choice by my ime there…

I love how the friend’s advice is to hold Fukumaru

Does ネタ on page 101 mean proof or the Internet in this context??

1 Like

I can’t believe the rival (?) pianist’s mom just dumped a cat on him…

Like, if it were me, I’d be overjoyed, but it’s well established that I love cats. She didn’t even ask him in advance though…

1 Like

I hope that shop assistant makes commission because she’s good at getting these old 金持(かねも)ちおじさま to buy everything for their cats lol

ネタ always gives me trouble. I did land on the “proof” meaning for this one.

I can just picture her doing the same thing with her son when he was a little boy. “Sorry, we’re moving into an apartment that doesn’t allow children!”

I’m curious how she’ll be worked into later chapters. (I can’t imagine she’ll ever be off camera for too long at a time.)

1 Like

Thank you :slight_smile:

Oh boy :joy:

I think if there’s any sort of cat problem, like one of the cats stops eating/playing with toys/acts depressed/etc, they’ll probably go ask her first :thinking: I should probably preview the rest of the series lol. I’ve gotten good enough at speedreading if I don’t care about full comprehension.

I’m really enjoying this series and have a tiny question if anyone stumble on it by any chance:

p.76

GgW9U9kAC1
What does つぶれてる means here? Is he, like, play fighting with the cat and winning? (from 潰れる)
I think I saw this word again on some other page in this volume, and if it’s a reoccurring situation I thought I’d better ask early.

And my favourite panel of this volume just because I like it too much

fGILrqzIFC

2 Likes

I believe the word as it’s used here refers to Fukumaru being a “flat-face” cat breed. (I don’t know the proper term for it.)

Cats like as seen here:

See also: do a web image search for 「潰れてる 猫」 (no quotes).

2 Likes

Ahh, there was some talking about つぶれた鼻, I didn’t realise it was the case here. Thank you!